Spring is HERE!
- The beach nourishment program is almost finished. Sand fencing and vegetation along the shoreline will soon follow to further grow our dune line.
- Paid parking is to begin May 1st.
- The Town of Holden Beach now owns the Holden Beach Fishing Pier. Plans and work will follow. Parking there is available now.
- The speed limit on Ocean Boulevard is now 35 MPH.
- Dogs must always be on a leash. Remember that no dogs are allowed on the beach strand between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. from May 10th – September 10th.
- Property owners along Ocean Boulevard should be receiving a certified letter from the North Carolina Department of Transportation. The letter will be giving notice that the resurfacing of the boulevard and the installation of the bike paths will take place this fall. All the work will be done in the right-of-way. This is a CAMA notice.
- Due to the beach nourishment, there is an unusual amount of shells on the beach. It is a shell hunter’s heaven here now.
- Be sure to keep up with your emergency stickers. Call Town Hall at (910) 842-6488 with questions.
- There will be a sunrise Easter service at the Holden Beach Fishing Pier Easter Sunday morning at 6:30 a.m.
- There will be 8:00 a.m., 9:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. Easter services at the Holden Beach Chapel Sunday.
- The Sunday concerts at the Pavilion under the Holden Beach Bridge will begin May 29th and continue through September 4, 2022. Each concert begins at 6:30 p.m. and usually lasts until 8:00 p.m. or 8:30 p.m. They are free to all! Enjoy the large dance floor!
- Watch for low speed vehicles. More are expected this year. These include licensed golf carts.
- Buoys are in place for the no wake zone in the bridge area. The buoys for the remaining area from Roger Street to LouLou’s Restaurant have not been installed yet.